Sunday, August 29, 2010

Summer Thankfulness


As I sit here contemplating where the summer actually went, I have to say that wonderful memories of this summer warm my heart. It has been busy to say the least, but relaxing when I was craving that too!!
Here are some of the precious things that this summer has given to me:
1. Landon turning 14
2. Dalton turning 10
3. Celebrating 19 years of marriage
4. summer bible study at my church
5. Days of sleeping in
6. Early morning runs when I didn't sleep in
7. 1/2 marathon training runs in First Landing
8. Bike rides to Yotini's for yogurt
9. Hot days at the beach
10. A visit and time spent with a dear friend who moved
11. Pool days
12. Ocean Breeze water park
13. Camps for the boys and seeing them enjoy their time
14. Visit to Pittsburgh
15. Kennywood Park
16. Seeing my uncle for the first time in 30 years!!
17. Fireworks
18. Sunsets at the Bay
19. July 4th with community group
20. July 4th annual neighborhood picnic
21. prayer time with community group
22. Bible school for Dalton
23. Time reading books
24. dolphins playing in the water in Virginia Beach
25. Florida trip
26. Aquatica water park
27. Eating at Mezzaluna in Florida....YUM!!
28. Sea World
29. Nights at hotels on vacation
30. Summer thunderstorms
31. Dalton riding his first rollercoaster
32. Shopping in Williamsburg with Landon
33. BSF in Fredricksburg and girlfriend time
34. Nordstrom Rack
35. Cookouts
36. The grill
37. Sunburn
38. Lunches with friends
39. Cold smoothie after a long run
40. Seeing my nieces and nephews this summer
41. Bike ride to the Oceanfront with a friend and then to Starbucks
42. Dinner with my husband
43. light until almost 9
44. Lightning bugs
45. Swimming
46. Traveling to DC with my family
47. late nights for my boys
48. pedicures
49. bare feet
50. flip flops
51. Visits and sweet conversations with a former student who is now a dear friend
52. Dinner whenever
53. fresh cut grass
54. shorts and tank tops
55. wet bathing suits

I am so thankful for all that this summer of 2010 has given me. Change of seasons is difficult for me and I am having a hard time transitioning into the mode of fall. It is so comforting though that this precious time of year will happen once again...........my prayer is to enjoy the change and look for the sunshine this fall and winter.

2 comments: