Monday, May 24, 2010

Everyday Blessings


My dear friend, Sue introduced me to the blog, A Holy Experience. Everytime that I click on it and consume what has been written, I tear up. The music that accompanies the gifted writing convicts me and I am completely in awe of what the author, Ann Voskamp has crafted. Each Monday is dedicated to a theme entitled Multitude Monday. This is an ongoing list of the multitudes of gifts that the Lord blesses us with each day.

I don't know about you, but life is difficult. Days go by and it seems as if busyness, responsibilities and just "stuff" always seems to get in the way. There are many days that pass where I don't know if I even realize the blessings that I am missing. My prayer is that God will open my eyes and my heart to recognize the special gifts that He bestows on me and that I can see, feel, hear, taste and touch every single one. Through the next couple of months, Mondays will be my day to reflect on the gift that life truly is and share it on this blog.

#1-20:

instant oatmeal
a hot shower
singing birds in the morning
flip flops
a hug from behind when all I can see is a student's sweet little hands
breakfast duty
A "good morning" smile
driving to school everyday with Dalton
lunch with colleagues
grocery shopping at Trader Joe's
fresh vegetables
reading about and relating to Peter
cheering with Landon for Dalton at his baseball game
watching the joy on Dan's face while he is coaching
seeing a friend I haven't seen in a while
feeling the cool breeze of a fan
alone time
seeing God work through this blog
bare feet
my sweet son sleeping next to me

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. How true we so often take for granted the many blessings and gifts God gives us, never recognizing them. It is so important to take time from our busyness and as is said "smell the roses" and give thanks. Your's and Sue's gift of writing is inspiring along with the aforementioned blog author. She's is a farmer's wife, mother of six home schooled children with a gift of sharing her love of God through her brokenness and creative web site. Hats off to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome welcome welcome, it is so good to see new people joining the journey all the time and I've only been at this a couple of months myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't "A Holy Experience" an inspiring blog? At a retreat in the fall, I led a workshop on gratitude journals... this practice changed my daily journey in ways I can't even describe! Thanks for sharing your Monday gratitude with us!

    ReplyDelete