Thursday, March 4, 2010

Taking things for granted.....


I take so many things for granted. I KNOW that God does not want us to do that, but it is so easy in a world that is caught up in self absorption and want. My dear friend, April writes a blog and has encouraged her readers to write on Thursdays about what they are thankful for. As I was driving home today from work, I was thinking about this, but the idea that came to my mind was how many things in my life I take for granted. It is almost like I am entitled to them and boy is that wrong thinking!! I know that I get so frustrated when my children expect things and think that they are entitled to have whatever they want. How can they be so demanding and unthankful? Well, I am the same way and need to really stop and praise Him for all that He has given to me and all that He provides day after day after day.....regardless of my attitude!!

I am thankful for (but many times take for granted):
1. My dear husband who puts up with my pre-menopausal fits a LOT!!
2. My precious children who can drive me crazy, but I could not live without!!
3. My friends who love me for who I am.
4. My father and his wife, Lori and my brother, Vinnie whose hearts are so good.
5. My mother and father in law and my sister in law.....they love unconditionally.
6. My sweet puppy, Sophie who lights up all of our smiles.
7. Living at the beach and having the opportunity to listen to the waves and praise God's glorious creation whenever I want.
8. My cozy home....which is perfect for us and full of memories to fill all of our hearts with overflowing love.
9. Health.....I truly take this for granted everyday...I am so thankful that my family is healthy and happy.
10. My job.....I love my job and am so thankful in this time of difficulty financially in our country that I have a job that I can go to everyday and come home smiling!!
11. My faith and the knowledge that I truly will live forever. That this Earthly home is only temporary and I have so much to look forward to.
My prayer is that I can truly give thanks everyday to God for the things that I take for granted. That I can be thankful in all of my words and actions. That my heart is convicted when I am acting selfish and He can set me straight to realize that every gift I have is from Him and they are all perfect!!

James 1:17: Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like the shifting shadows. (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment