Thursday, February 11, 2010

Faith



Faith.....
Hebrews 11:1: Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

John 14:12: I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.
Corrie Ten Boom: Faith is like radar that sees through the fog.

Faith...it is one of the most important things in my life, it is so difficult to explain, BUT I know that it is true!! I love the bible verses above because they are the perfect words to express the idea of faith.
We can have faith in many things; family members, friends, churches, community groups, our kids, sports teams, ourselves, our spouses, our jobs, etc..... The only true faith though that is CERTAIN and non-falliable is faith in Christ. All of the other things that I mentioned can and will fail us. No earthly thing can provide the faith that Christ gives us when we allow Him to rule our lives.
I have faith in heaven and that when I die, I will go to this glorious place that has no pain, no tears and no fears. I am sure of heaven, but have never seen this. I know this though because God keeps all of His promises. He says that when we die, He has prepared a place for us and that we will live eternally. I also know that because of my faith that I have been able to do things that I never thought possible for myself. This is because of the strength and courage that the Holy Spirit gives to me. I have been able to be a part of God's plan here on earth and carry on with my mission because of Christ in me. I am also able to come along side of other Christians and fulfill things that He wants me to do through the power of all of us working together.
I worry about my faith though too....I wonder sometimes if something truly tragic were to happen with one of my children, my husband, my parents, etc...how would I handle this?? How would I be tested?
James 1:2-3 says: Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
So the answer to my questions above is that I need to consider trials pure joy. It is a testing of my faith and will develop perseverance in my character. This is an area where I just need to put my trust in God and pray that when a trial occurs in my life that my faith can sustain it and that I am stronger in my faith because of it.
I love Corrie Ten Boom who wrote The Hiding Place. She is one of the most amazing women that I have ever read about. Her faith goes beyond understanding and is such an inspiration to me. She was a survivor of Hitler's concentration camps and this book tells in detail about her faith and how she survived the horrors of living there. Her quote; Faith is like radar that sees through the fog is how I can relate my everyday experiences good and bad to how God is working in my life. I know that God is good and that good comes out of everything that happens when you have faith. This is something that I trust and also something that I learn each day of my life.
I believe that my faith will see me through good days, bad days, healthy days and sick days. I must hold on to my radar to be able to see through the fog of this world, until I am with Him in heaven.



1 comment:

  1. Tracy,
    I have also shared your same thoughts on "what if's". I do not know how I would react if something were to happen to my children, but I can assure I know the first 'person' I'd blame as a sinful person. I hope that my faith, which is unshakable on the best of days and (to use your word) stagnant on the worst, would carry me through. I recently talked to my mom about this very thing and told her my prayer would be that during my despair, my most horrible moment in life, that in the midst of cursing and screaming I would still do it looking up.
    Love your blog and can't wait to see where it takes you and how He uses you to touch others!! April

    ReplyDelete